THE POWER OF PRAYER FOR AN AMERICAN HERO
WOW! God is powerful! We saw the power of prayer in action these last few days. My father, An American Hero, took my mother to the hospital Saturday night, she was not feeling well. She needed some surgery but they could not operate due to pneumonia. So they gave her antibiotics.
Things began to get worse the prognosis was grim, but not for God. A doctor from the hospital called my father Tuesday and told him that it did not look good. When I spoke with him he said, "Well it looks like we may loose your mother today."
After I hung up. I hit the prayer even harder. We have people in several states praying for my mother. We kicked in the afterburners on prayer. Like the Blue Angles F-18 Phantom Jet, we pointed it straight up toward heaven and hit the afterburners, outta sight! Rocketing toward heaven. "Lord bless the hands of the doctors, nurses and care givers that are tending to my mother, give her the strength to pull through......."
My father got to the hospital, spoke with the doctors. Another doctor stepped onto the scene, (hmmmmm?) to a look at the situation and said there is something else wrong. He took her into the operating room, found the problem, took care of it and now my mother is recovering in the ICU. My father went home to have some dinner with my brother and get some rest.
Just like my father, to never give up. Calm and calculating, asking questions, giving directions, focusing on what his goal is.
That is the short version. But it shows our father listens to our prayers. "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!

1 Comments:
Good post, Sir. I also was in prayer for your Grandmother, and I'm delighted that she was saved.
Now she needs to be saved again, if you know what I mean.
~ In Christ, John.
Post a Comment
<< Home