Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A Dedicated American Hero

Well, I have to jump ahead on the American Hero Story and come back and pick up where I left off. I am considering creating another blog just for the American Hero so I can put his life in chronological order.

Yesterday, April 2, 2007 at 3pm. His bride of 59 years and 9 months, passed on to be with the lord. Dad fought calmly and with determination with the doctors and was by his brides bed side every day. My dad was a mechanical engineer and was able to fix anything he came across in his life, but this one he could not. As my brother said, "He did not have a screw driver to fit this one.

My Dad and Mom were together through think and thin, they were tough. Most couples today are wimps. How do I know, well, the divorce rate is over 60%.

My Dad made a covenant with my Mom and God, " ...Till Death do we part.....", covenants cannot be broke until death, or an appointed time. In marriage the appointed time is Death.

What I have come to know about my Dad is he is a fighter, he fought for his family all his life, to take care of them and protect them. And his is still doing it today. And I know he will fight till the day he goes on to be with the lord. That's just what a Warrior does.

Before the war with My Grandfather (His Dad), his little brother "Shorty", My dad, & and his older brother Robert.
Ready to ride his '46 Indian to boot camp.
Boot camp. Don't we look sharp!
More Boot camp Driving a Halftrack.
Moritai Island. Guarding a B-24 that crash landed on the runway he built. M-1 Garand in hand.
Moratai Power and Light. "Like a Rock"
OK, you Jap Zeros! Come and get it!

Today! Still has purpose and determination.

This is a quote I read in a book and it describes my dad, who has three sons, my older and younger brothers and I.

"I hope you know how much I love you. The three of you have become the most important reason for my being on this earth... I could be rich and famous and have everything I desire but without you my life would be meaningless, my heart would be empty, and I would not want to live. The three of you are my immortality... I am a father who knows his children love him and that makes me a very lucky man!"

-Gen. Norma Schwarzkoff

letter written to his children at midnight, just before the launching of the Gulf War offensive at 2:30 am.

Thanks Dad for fighting.

I love you,

Jeff




1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice old pictures of your dad..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home